You are here: Home / How To / How to Uninstall Fortnite on Mac
In this article you will learn how to remove Fortnite from your Mac. Fortnite is a popular online game that’s available for Windows Operating System, Android and iOS as well as macOS. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game has gained over a hundred million players since its creation in 2017, and the number keeps increasing.
Fortnite has been a very popular Mac game for many years. However, users report that Fortnite can use a lot of resources and memory on their MacBooks. It crashes and freezes frequently, making it less enjoyable than it was intended to be. Many Mac users are searching for ways to remove the app from their Macs.
How to Uninstall Fortnite on Mac
First, the Epic Game Launcher is required to install Fortnite on your MacBook. Epic Game Launcher connects to your Epic Games online application. To uninstall Fortnite on your MacBook, you must remove it from your LaunchPad or Application folder. You must also remove the setup file as well as all other large game files that are taking up memory storage space. Let’s get on with it. How can you remove Fortnite from Mac
If you don’t want to download any other games, you can leave Epic Game Launcher off your MacBook. Follow these steps to get Fortnite:
- Launch Epic Games Launcher on your MacBook.
- Navigate to “Library” and click on it.
- Select “Fortnite”.
- Click on the gear icon and click on “Uninstall”.
- A new window pops up, and here you will be asked to confirm that you want to uninstall Fortnite from your Mac. Click on “Uninstall” to confirm.
After you have done this, Fortnite will be removed from your MacBook. To free up memory space, you only need to search for the files associated with Fortnite. You will need to scan your MacBook and especially the hidden (~)/Library files.
Open the Finder Window and use the search bar to search for Fortnite. You will see all folders that contain the keyword in the search results. You can choose from the search results to move them all to trash. Follow the steps below for access to the hidden (~)/Library Folder:
- Open a Finder window and in the menu bar, click on “Go”.
- Select “Go to Folder” and type (~)/Library in the box.
- Click on “Go”, and the folder will open.
- After the folder is opened, type “Fortnite” in the search bar and click on “Library”.
- Send all folders related to the target app to the trash.
Make a backup copy of any folder or file before you delete it. You can also check out professional app cleaners and choose one.